ESL Teaching Jobs in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen
At Elan we teach English through engaging with literature and writing practice for students aged 5-14. In the beginning, it is likely that you will predominantly take on Early Reader Program, and lower level literature/writing coursework with the opportunity to teach picture books, novels, grammar, and different writing mediums in the future.
|Employer type:||Language School|
|Weekly contact hours:||40 working hours|
Teacher Job Description
Reports to: Center Manager and Head Teacher/Head Teacher in Training
Suitable for: Highly responsible people who are passionate, patient, and have excellent communication skills
At Elan we teach English through engaging with literature and writing practice for students aged 5-14. In the beginning, it is likely that you will predominantly take on Early Reader Program, and lower level literature/writing coursework with the opportunity to teach picture books, novels, grammar, and different writing mediums in the future. Teachers must keep in contact with their Head Teacher and operations staff about student progress and maintain a professional relationship with parents. Elan Teachers should provide a consistently challenging classroom environment for students and ensure that their teaching methodology is congruent with Elan’s philosophy and goals. Teachers will work five days a week (three weekdays and Sat/Sun) with a potential full teaching load. If you work more than 24 teaching hours per week (indexed monthly), which may happen in the winter and summer terms, you will be awarded additional compensation. You may also be asked to help at other centers if you have no classes and substitutes are needed at other schools.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Access Elan resources and plan your Teachers Logs according to the objectives of the courses
Deliver high quality literature, writing, and phonics courses to students including assigned quizzes
Issue and explain homework assignments to students and parents of younger students
Mark all tasks that students complete in class and for homework and fill out post-class comments If your work schedule allows and you have an interest, there is an opportunity to assist with the development of our curriculum, winter and summer materials, and also to assist with marketing events
Conduct phonics tests and free trials for new students and make recommendations for classes
Enforce a “culture of English” and other Elan expectations through classroom discipline
Work with your Head Teacher and operations staff to create strategies for special case students
Keep informed about schedule changes, students who will be away, and students having trial classes.
- Be familiar with all aspects of the Elan curriculum, the lesson flows, and the quiz schedules
- Complete mid-term and end of term assessments that are personalized and constructive
- Be punctual to work at all times, start classes on time, and control student break times
- Assist with marketing activities including the parties held by the center
- Take part in two training sessions per term to keep up to date with current developments
- Be familiar with the administrative procedures employed in the center and as directed by Elan head office
- Substitute for absent colleagues – this may be at short notice and off-site
- Cooperate with the Center Manager and Head Teacher in ensuring constructive communication and efficient operation of the center that creates a cohesive culture and working environment
- Assist in the library during busy times, particularly if you have an empty slot on a weekend
- Be observed by your Head Teacher and Teacher Manager and receive feedback professionally
- Communicate with your Head Teacher in a weekly meeting about your students and classes
Time Education China Holdings Limited (TEC) is an English language arts and mathematics training service provider to children aged 5-12 in China. It currently manages centers based in the 3 major Chinese cities of Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen with its headquarters located in Beijing. In addition, TEC provides online assessments, learning solutions to students and teachers, and helps schools and learning centers build all-English libraries for Independent Guided Reading.
TEC was established in December 2012, and is the parent company for both élan schools and Playfacto centers. The first élan school opened in March 2013, and first Playfacto center in October 2013. Both centers were located in Shanghai. Having expanded rapidly, by the end of 2015, it is expected that there will be around 15 élan schools in operation.
TEC was affiliated with Time Education Co. Ltd. in Seoul, Korea which is the largest off-line education platform in Korea. TIME Education Co. Ltd. together with TIME Contents Co. Ltd. provide fully integrated education services and products combining offline education service, qualified contents and innovative technologies.
In early 2016, TEC was acquired by Country Garden Education Group, which is one of the largest private K12 school operators in China, with over 30K students and 5600 employees as of November 2016.
- English Native speaker: UK, USA, NZ, AUST, Canada
- TEFL/TESL/TESOL certification
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Teaching experience is a strong asset
- 1-2 years teaching experience
- Available start date: ASAP
- Vacancy: 30
- Basic Salary: (10000-20000 RMB), based on experience
Teaching conditions and benefits:
- Salary: Open. Depending on experience and teaching skills
- Working hours: 40 hours per week with 2 days off
- Location: Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen
- Contract job: One year commitment at least
- 8000 RMB flight reimbursement
- Discretional bonus based on annual performance
- 12 months health and accident insurance for a one-year contract
- 10000 start-up loan for accommodation
- 1200 hotel support for new arrival teachers
- A legal Z Work Visa provided
- Arrival Support: Airport pick-up
- Chinese National Holiday
- Orientation & pre-job Training, on-going training and academic support
Join our team & experience the real China! If you are interested in our position, feel free to send your CV, your passport copy, your TEFL/TESL/TESOL certification, your degree and a recent photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to email Ryan for your questions.